Perfect Port de Bras is a 15-minute, no-impact workout that works your arms, chest, and back for sleek, supportive arms during dance (though it’s fine for non-dancers as well!). All you need is a little space and a resistance band or two, though you could make it work using a pair of dumbbells as well.
Sorry for the low quality; people asked for the video no matter the quality. I’d like to make a high-quality video of this workout once I have the means.
Fitocrat Kellie Davis shares why and how she made the shift from cardio to the weight room.
Kellie Davis, a writer and fitness coach, shares her story about beginning weight-lifting and gives some wonderful information, including workouts for weight-lifting beginners!
Just keeping track of some low weight / body weight squats that can be helpful for runners.
- Zercher Squats - Hip width, front squat position with weight held in elbows.
- Sumo Squats - Wide legged, with kettlebell held between legs. Keep arms straight and allows hips to raise kettlebell.
- Jump Squats - legs hip width apart, squat down and jump, raising arms and land lightly back into a squat position
- Overhead Squats - hold light weight overhead and squat with the straight back, should be a similar body position to a front-squat.
- Side Squats - lunge to the side and squat, repeat on opposite side.
- Squat Rotations - Wide legged, arms between legs, rotate while raising arms to the side while standing.
- Split Squats - Like a standing forward lunge
- Skater Jump Squats - Cross one leg behind the other into a squat position, crossing arms the opposite way. Jump and land in the opposite position.
All of these seem to be helpful in training lower body strength in different stabilizing ways.
Strength training plays a key role in all sports - and swimming is no different. Whether you are training for swimming or just general fitness give this superset based strength workout a try the next time you are in the gym and let us know what you think! More guides, swimming drills and info about the challenge here!
Now that summer’s here (for most of us, at least), Tribesports’ new challenge may be just up your alley! Put together by a former competitive swimmer, this at-the-gym challenge will help you develop the muscles you need to be the best swimmer you can be.
Besides just the photo above of the workout, click the link beneath it for more information on the challenge and agree to take on the Stronger Swimmer challenge by going here!