It’s a classification of vegetarianism. There are vegetarians who eat eggs but not dairy (ovo vegetarians), vegetarians who eat dairy but not eggs (lacto vegetarians), pescetarians (who eat fish but no other meat), and some other, more “semi-vegetarian” types. Just like how some vegans will eat honey and others avoid white sugar.
What does it mean to be an ovo-lacto vegetarian?
It means that I eat eggs/egg products (ovo) and dairy products (lacto) but no meat or fish.
Banana Clementine Morning Smoothie
2 frozen bananas
1 cup almond milk
1 table spoon Billy’s Protein powder
Vitamix or blend it up
Quinoa Salad-In-A-Jar in 4 International Flavors…RECIPE
I love jarred salads!
Vegan Minestrone Soup
- 1 tablespoon EV Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 2 Carrots (diced)
- 1 stalk Celery (diced)
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 – 28 oz can Crushed Tomatoes
- 4 ounces Green Beans (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 Zucchini (diced)
- 1 cup fresh Spinach leaves
- 1 can White Beans
- 1 cup Elbow Rice Pasta (dry)Instructions
- In a large pot add the olive oil, onion carrots and celery
- Cook until the veggies have softened, about 5 minutes
- Add all remaining ingredients except the pasta
- Bring to a boil
- Add the pasta and cook until the pasta is cooked
- Ladle out and enjoy!!
How nice of you to make sure you have options for her!
Here are some things you could make for her or together:
- Vegan Blackberry Ice Cream
- Vegan Potato and Spinach Balls
- Vegan Broccoli Soup
- Vegan Lasagna Bites
- Tofu Wontons
- Winter Vegetable Soup
- Veggie and Hummus Sandwich
Here are some delicious New Years Eve recipes to impress your guests with.
Enjoy.. and Happy New Year!!