This is a fantastic recipe to throw in your Sunday food-for-the-week prep. It’s literally just 1 chop, toss, and bake. I almost always bake on tin foil to make clean up super easy. For all the ideas for gluten free uses you can ALWAYS sub in gluten free products (I do!).
Here’s a few more specific ideas:
- Sandwich: toasted gluten free bread, avocado, asparagus, hummus, mixed greens
- Sandwich: toasted gluten free bread, asparagus, roasted red peppers, pesto, fresh thick sliced tomato, mozzarella
- Salad: mixed greens, crumbled goat cheese, asparagus, thinly sliced red onion, sunflower seeds, your favorite dressing
- Salad: arugula, lemon olive oil dressing, gorgonzola, asparagus, cucumbers, chickpeas
- Pasta: saute garlic, red onion, & cherry tomatoes in 2 Tbsp. olive oil. Toss with pasta, asparagus (chop) and fresh parmesan
Veggie noodles are the BOMB. Cooked or raw, they’re awesome in “pasta” recipes and salads.
I have a feeling this just made the top of my wish list, lol. WANT. HARD.
Cutter deets here.
How to spiralize veggies without a cutter via Oh She Glows
NEED THIS IN MY LIFE.
Yes please :)
THERE’S SO MUCH GOD DAMN SPINACH in this shit even Popeye can’t hate. Yeah spinach makes you swoll as fuck, we know that. But did you know just one cup of spinach is over 300% of your daily recommended Vitamin A? Sweet fuck. You worried about acne? Wrinkles? Any other skin shit? Spinach to the mother fucking rescue. That shit keeps your skin looking so fresh and so clean, not to mention helping to prevent skin cancer. Spinach has these plant-based compounds called “flavonoids” that not only repair damaged skin but also fight multiple types of cancer. Everybody knows I ain’t even fucking playing when it comes to dick cancer, I gotta have my shit in tact.
IF YOU SMOKE cigarettes (tumblr crew I’m looking at you), DO NOT take any Vitamin A or beta carotene supplements. Studies have shown that combining those supplements with tobacco drastically increases your risk for lung cancer. But then again, smoking drastically increases your risk for lung cancer. So quit that shit.
You want to make this shit at home and tell Jamba Juice they can go fuck themselves by not paying for their high calorie sugary shit? Recipe below for a Thug Kitchen Original:
Ectoplasm free and Dr. Venkman approved
- 2 handfuls of spinach (about 2 cups)
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup chopped and skinned cucumber
- 4 medium chunks of pineapple
- 1 cup coconut water or tap
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon flax oil (optional)
- 6-8 mint leaves (optional, but I dig that shit)
- yields ~20 ounces
Toss that shit in a blender and zap it. If you prefer it a little sweeter, add some more pineapple to that shit. DRINK UP, CHAMP.
Seriously though, fuck Jamba Juice. Only they could make smoothies as unhealthy as McDonald’s made oatmeal.