Drink Your Morning Greens
I haven’t been drinking green smoothies quite as often as I would like to since it’s been SO COLD but sometimes when the heat is pumping extra hard in my apartment (and it’s often as I have zero control of the heat) I mix up this super easy smoothie. All you need is a blender and:
- 2 cups fresh kale
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1.5 cups cold water
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 scoop vanilla Perfect Fit Protein
Blend it up and enjoy cold.
This is a fantastic recipe to throw in your Sunday food-for-the-week prep. It’s literally just 1 chop, toss, and bake. I almost always bake on tin foil to make clean up super easy. For all the ideas for gluten free uses you can ALWAYS sub in gluten free products (I do!).
Here’s a few more specific ideas:
- Sandwich: toasted gluten free bread, avocado, asparagus, hummus, mixed greens
- Sandwich: toasted gluten free bread, asparagus, roasted red peppers, pesto, fresh thick sliced tomato, mozzarella
- Salad: mixed greens, crumbled goat cheese, asparagus, thinly sliced red onion, sunflower seeds, your favorite dressing
- Salad: arugula, lemon olive oil dressing, gorgonzola, asparagus, cucumbers, chickpeas
- Pasta: saute garlic, red onion, & cherry tomatoes in 2 Tbsp. olive oil. Toss with pasta, asparagus (chop) and fresh parmesan
Veggie noodles are the BOMB. Cooked or raw, they’re awesome in “pasta” recipes and salads.
I have a feeling this just made the top of my wish list, lol. WANT. HARD.
Cutter deets here.
How to spiralize veggies without a cutter via Oh She Glows
NEED THIS IN MY LIFE.
Yes please :)