- doesn’t exclude foods
- is made up of foods, not numbers
- is varied and flexible
- is not restrictive
- allows you to trust your body
- is not obsessive
- doesn’t use food as a reward or punishment
- doesn’t have to be “perfect”
- allows you to live your life, but it is not your life
- does not exclude any food group
- consists of foods that make you feel energized and healthy
Carbohydrates are the body’s main source of energy. Here’s some great information on carbs.
I don’t like “diets” in general, and when I looked up “keto diet” for more information, I found that it was mainly used to treat epilepsy in children. Also, it seems to reinforce the misguided belief that carbs = bad, which simply isn’t true.
Clean up your diet in 5 weeks! (via Chescaleigh)
As many of you know, I’ve been making an effort to clean up my diet over the past year to help manage my pesky sensative stomach, and to just adopt a healthier lifestyle. But, it’s not easy to completely overhaul your diet and start eating clean. So I made this fun little graphic today after being inspired by a video on cleaning up your diet in 5 weeks by Sharee, of Funeral for my Fat. Enjoy!