One of the raw shots I got of today’s rehearsal, coached by the amazing Cynthia Gregory. #ballet #princetondance #abt #myidol
Fish! #nbsi14 #ballet
Elisa Carrillo & Friends . México . Ballet Gala
Iana Salenko & Dinu Tamazlacaru / Staatsballet Berlin Principals
Fotografía Carlos Quezada
Ooh, etiquette question! That’s different! There are some basic things to follow to not appear rude in a ballet class:
- show up early to warm up on your own, but do not enter the studio unless instructed to
- do not walk on marley/studio floors with your street shoes on
- if you bring a water bottle, make sure it’s a kind you can’t spill. Stick to pop-open tops rather than twist-off caps.
- be quiet when the instructor is teaching
- clapping at the end of class is customary, but feel free to wait for a cue from others to avoid embarassment
And it is totally normal to be nervous. I’d suggest getting there early and introducing yourself to the instructor before class begins. If they know you’re brand new, they’re likely to give you gentle corrections and not assume you know things, so you’ll feel less pressured. And remember that things are going to feel strange: the muscles used in ballet and the way you’ll be moving are not normal for your day-to-day life, so it’ll be a big change.
Have fun in class!
First image release from my workshop this past Sat. Dancers: Melissa and Adrian #ballet #dance #dancer #pointe #philly #photoshoot #philadelphia #workshop #learntoshootdance #images #dancephotography #oldecity
CPYB students Nyla Welsh, Gianna Horton-Sibble and Madison Jameson in partnering class
EVEN BETTER GAHHHH
but why is it a barn
SHOUTOUT TO THE BALLET DANCERS WHO AREN’T SUPER SKINNY
SHOUTOUT TO THE BALLET DANCERS WHO AREN’T WHITE
SHOUTOUT TO THE BALLET DANCERS WHO HAVEN’T BEEN DANCING SINCE THEY WERE FOUR
SHOUTOUT TO THE BALLET DANCERS WHO STRUGGLE WITH BODY IMAGE
SHOUTOUT TO THE BALLET DANCERS WHO DEFY THE NORM, WORK HARD, AND LOVE TO DANCE
BECAUSE YOU DESERVE TO DANCE JUST AS MUCH AS ANYONE ELSE