Fitocracy has a sense of humor.
Fitocrat Kellie Davis shares why and how she made the shift from cardio to the weight room.
Kellie Davis, a writer and fitness coach, shares her story about beginning weight-lifting and gives some wonderful information, including workouts for weight-lifting beginners!
With some exercises, yes. For others, no. If there’s an option of Advanced Workout Options, check to see if you can add weights there, or see if there’s a “Weighted [exercise name]” option in the library.
But with a lot of things, you can’t add weights to it and should just note the weights in the Notes section.
One of your best weapons in the quest for better fitness is knowledge. That’s why we just launched the Knowledge Center. It’s your go-to resource for great information on exercise, nutrition, supplements, motivation, and more. Whether you need a Getting Started guide for weight loss or you want to learn about programs like Starting Strength, you can rely on Fitocracy for all your fitness questions. We even have fitness-friendly recipes to fit your lifestyle :)
It’s Lita, plain and simple. :)
I was about to write out a guide to it, but then I found this Tumblr, which does it much better than I ever could.
Announcing: The Great Sherlock Fitness Challenge!
Maybe you want to get in shape for a massive parkour-style Believe in Sherlock flyering run. Maybe you need to harpoon a dead pig, or you want to be prepared to fight off mysterious strangers with swords in your flat. Maybe you just want to lose 10 pounds in case you ever get to meet Benedict Cumberbatch. If any of those are true, this is the contest for you! It’s fairly simple:
- Sign up for Fitocracy, a great website for geeks who want to get in shape. You level up by collecting points through various types of exercise, and by completing exercise “quests” along the way.
- Join the BBC Sherlock group on Fitocracy, and click the “Join Challenge” button in the left sidebar.
- Between now and June 3rd, get the word out as much as possible through Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, carrier pigeons, and more. Once the challenge starts, no one will be able join it, so we need to make sure as many people as possible hear about it before it starts.
- Between June 3rd and July 1st, exercise! And make sure you log it in Fitocracy. You can get points for everything from taking the stairs instead of the elevator to running a marathon.
- Once the challenge ends on July 1st, prizes will be awarded as follows:
- 1st place: $50 gift credit to antieuclid’s Random Emporium, the web’s best source for round geek humor, including Sherlock and Cabin Pressure buttons.
- 2nd place: $20 gift credit.
- 3rd place: $10 gift credit.
- Random drawing: Two $10 gift credits will be given to winners selected at random from everyone who participates, so even if you’re not a gym bunny, you still have a chance to win!
So let’s get in gear to make Sherlockians the fittest group in fandom!
[edited to add:] The always awesome Cara McGee has generously offered to supplement the prizes with some of her incredible fandom teas! So you’ll be able to jog your way to a triumphant future of tea and buttons.
[edited to further add:] We’ve got an official challenge Tumblr going, and we’re encouraging people to tag Challenge-related posts with “SherlockFit” to make it easy to keep in touch and cheer each other on.