Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Dried Lentils
Here is another original of mine. I don’t think it has really been done before, but my idea was to turn the incredibly healthy lentil (for 1/4 cup it has 120 Calories, 11g fiber, 10g of protein, no fat or salt), into a sweet, tasty snack.
- 4 oz of lentils (washed in cold water and drained)
- 2 cups of water
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
(the last 3 ingredients are approximate)
- Bring water in a pot to boil, then add lentils.
- Stir lentils occasionally, bring to boil, turn down to a simmer, and cover.
- Wait 20 minutes.
- Drain lentils and let dry (by leaving them in a colander for awhile or placing on a towel.)
- Preheat oven to 425º
- Mix olive oil with lentils on a baking sheet and spread the lentils out evenly. Put in the oven for five minutes.
- While the lentils are in the oven, mix the cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Take out lentils and sprinkle the cinnamon-brown sugar mix on the lentils. Mix and coat the lentils.
- Put them back in the oven for 5 minutes, take it out, and enjoy!