Peanut Butter, Jam, & Banana Soft Serve Popsicles
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: freeze time: 6-9 hours
These are soft, ice cream like popsicles with swirls of PB and jam throughout. The base is made up of banana soft serve. For a fun twist, try stirring in some shaved chocolate. When freezing, shaved chocolate is nice because you don’t have to bite into big frozen chocolate chips.
Ingredients (6 small popsicles)
- 4 medium/large bananas, peeled and frozen
- 3-4 tbsp almond milk
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 3 tbsp raspberry or strawberry jam, for swirling in
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter, for swirling in
- 1. In a food processor, add 4 roughly chopped frozen bananas along with a few tablespoons of almond milk. Whirl in the processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- 2. Now add in two tablespoons of peanut butter and process again until combined & smooth. Add a splash more milk if necessary.
- 3. Remove bowl from base and stir in the jam and another tablespoon of peanut butter, leaving thick ribbons of jam and PB throughout the soft serve. Do not overmix.
- 4. Spoon the soft serve into popsicle molds (it made enough for 6 small popsicles for me, however this will vary based on the size of your molds). Push the mixture all the way to the bottom with the end of a spoon. Freeze for at least 6-8 hours, or overnight. Run hot water over the mold to help the popsicle slide out. I found they were a bit difficult to get out of the mold, but I’m not sure if that was due to my strange shaped popsicle mold or simply the consistency of the popsicle itself.
- Nutritional info: (per popsicle, makes 6): 138 cals, 4 grams fat (1 g sat fat), 24 grams carbs, 3 grams fibre, 13 grams sugar, 2 grams protein.
- Please follow me at: http://whatsbeautiful.ua.com/profile/9864