“My weight is at around 125 but I am not tone at all, especially my belly. I am going for vacation in August, what would you recommend i should do to tone fast. I know that my body won't change dramatically and I want to be healthy for forever not just for a vacation, but because i will be going in a month to Europe, i want to feel better in a bikini. I know that I have to eat better although in all honesty I don't really eat unhealthy, yet I still am not toned. Hope you can help, thanks!”
Well, you’re lucky; toning is pretty simple when you get right down to it. You just need to get into weight-lifting (even if it’s just your own body weight).
Here’re some ideas:
- Check out a local gym (if you don’t already go to one). Many will have free trial periods that you can take advantage of and see if it’s right for you.
- At the gym, find weights that work for you. If you’re starting out, I suggest 5-10 pound dumbbells for exercises like dumbbell lunges, dumbbell squats, goblet squats, tricep kickbacks, and shoulder presses.
- Also at the gym, try the machines. An abductor/adductor machine will tone your outer and inner thighs. A decline bench will make crunches and sit-ups more challenging. An exercise ball will help your core work harder during crunches.
- If you have to go without weights, look up body weight exercises. Push-ups, sit-ups, Pilates, squats, fire hydrants, jack knife sit-ups, bench dips, flutter kicks, glute kickbacks, Russian twists, plank, Superman, etc.
- Try to work each muscle group 1-3 times a week, and not consecutive days. For example, work your arms on Mondays and Wednesdays (with push-ups, lat pulls, and bench dips) and your legs on Tuesdays and Fridays (with lunges, squats, and wall sits). This allows the muscles a chance to heal and grow.
Have fun on your vacation; I’m sure you’ll look great!Leave a comment View 5 Notes blog comments powered by Disqus blog comments powered by Disqus