“So I'm trying to get a flat stomach in like 6 weeks. It doesn't need to be hard rock abs but I would just love it if you were to recommend a daily workout, how many calories to consume a day, and how many minutes of cardio. It would be greatly appreciated. I weigh around 170 with big thighs and hips. And my top is about medium. Thanks in advance (:”
Here’s my advice.
- Don’t worry so much about calories, but focus on your nutrients. Make sure you’re getting enough fiber in your diet and increase how much protein you eat.
- Reduce (or totally cut out) soda, overly sugary drinks, etc. Instead, drink natural fruit juices, water (with some lemon juice or the like), and homemade smoothies.
- My smoothies: a big scoop of French vanilla yogurt, a bunch of fruit, a splash of milk. Blend in a blender. Done. No need for ice cream or sugar!
- Try to get in some cardio every day. I’d suggest doing light cardio, like power walking, every day for an hour. Every other day, do something more intense, like jogging, running, a Zumba class, etc.
- If you have dumbbells (or a gym nearby), use them. Dumbbell exercises are easy and work wonders. As time goes on, you can use heavier weights. Look up these and try them out: shoulder press, dumbbell squat, goblet squat, lateral raises, dumbbell lunges, Russian twists with a dumbbell, weighted sit-ups.
- Work on your plank position. Either on your hands or on your forearms, straighten your body, brace your abs, and remember to breathe.
- Try new forms of exercise to keep yourself motivated. Check out Blogilates, GainFitness, and Tone It Up! for free workouts. See if there are “new customer” or introductory prices at yoga or Pilates studios nearby.
I hope these things help you toward your goal! Please feel free to check in with me if you need motivation, more help, or just want to share how you’re doing. :)
Leave a comment View 32 Notes blog comments powered by Disqus