You will need: bobby pins, 2 small ponytail elastics, a comb.
- Start by adding a little wave to your hair. Wand waves are great for this! Here we used this wand by TiGi which is only around $30!
- Next put your hair half up, separating into 2 small ponytails right next to each other.
- Now twist the right ponytail in a downward motion and slide a bobby pin into the base near the ponytail holder. This will keep it anchored as you twist.
- Next, wrap the ponytail up and over as you see in photo 4 to create the top of the heart. Keep twirling in the same direction.
- Add bobby pins to these 3 places.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Add one more bobby pin at the bottom of the heart for extra security.
Tutorial by thebeautydepartment.com
If you hike, run, camp, etc., with your dog, what do you think are the best or most essential things to have for them?
How To Read A 223-Page Novel In Just 77 Minutes
Spritz is a company that makes a speed-reading technology which allows you to get through a mass of text, reading every word, in a fraction of the time it would take if you were turning the pages of a book or swiping through a Kindle.
The basis of Spritz concept is that much of the time spend reading is “wasted” on moving your eyes from side to side, from one word to the next. By flashing the words quickly, one after the other, all in the same place, eye movement is reduced almost to zero. All that’s left is the time you take to process the word before the next one appears.
The company is selling licenses for other companies who might want to use the technology in operating systems, applications, wearables, and websites. Obviously, the tiny screen of a smart watch instantly springs to mind.
But the real revelation of Spritz is in trying it yourself.
Flash DANCE Friday!
Photos of Concordia’s 2007 Dance Ensemble Concert.
Campfire Meals: Easy Breakfast Tacos
- meats of your choice
- veggies of your choice
- olive or veggie oil
- disposable grilling pans
- tongs and oven mitt
- knife and cutting board
- cast iron skillet
- metal spatula
- aluminum foil
- Start your campfire.
- While fire is catching, chop or slice potatoes (we used red potatoes). Chopping into bite-sized chunks is better for use in tacos, though slicing normally creates crispier potatoes, great for a side dish.
- Dump potatoes into a grilling pan and drizzle oil over them. Sprinkle spices on top.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and carefully shake to distribute oil.
- Place covered potatoes over fire.
- Next, it’s time for eggs. Pour a little oil into the cast iron skillet and tilt around to distribute over bottom of pan.
- Either crack eggs directly into skillet or into a cup (which means you can scramble them, whisk in milk or cheese or veggies, etc. in the cup) and use the spatula to scramble. Campfires cook fast, so stay nearby.
- Dump finished eggs into another grilling pan and set aside (or in a cooler area of the campfire so they don’t get overcooked).
- For the meats, either cook in the skillet as well or lay directly on the campfire grill.
- Warm tortillas over the fire, mix everything together in said tortilla, add cheese or additional toppings.
One of my friends asked what the ‘silly new workout trend that women like to do’ is these days. Everyone jumped in and mentioned ‘hot yoga’, ‘pole dancing’, ‘zumba’, etc.
Hold the fuck up there, buddy.
"Hot yoga" or BIkram yoga is effective and good for you. It’s hot, yes. But it’s a legitimate form of yoga and exercise.
Pole dancing lets a woman feel sexy while working out, and also greatly improves core and upper body strength. You think it’s easy to suspend yourself from the pole like some of those women do? Get your ass up there and try.
Zumba is incorporating dance into your cardio workout. It’s fun and a nice break from running and lifting.
Don’t go knocking the way certain people choose to exercise just because you think it’s silly. I bet if he (and it was a man that said this) thinks it looks silly doesn’t mean it isn’t effective and fun.
Preach! However you workout is okay, as long as you enjoy it.