I feel like so many of my posts have started out with… “On Facebook, I asked you about x,y, and z and you gave me 5 gazillion suggestions.” Well, you’ve done it again.
Just keeping track of some low weight / body weight squats that can be helpful for runners.
- Zercher Squats - Hip width, front squat position with weight held in elbows.
- Sumo Squats - Wide legged, with kettlebell held between legs. Keep arms straight and allows hips to raise kettlebell.
- Jump Squats - legs hip width apart, squat down and jump, raising arms and land lightly back into a squat position
- Overhead Squats - hold light weight overhead and squat with the straight back, should be a similar body position to a front-squat.
- Side Squats - lunge to the side and squat, repeat on opposite side.
- Squat Rotations - Wide legged, arms between legs, rotate while raising arms to the side while standing.
- Split Squats - Like a standing forward lunge
- Skater Jump Squats - Cross one leg behind the other into a squat position, crossing arms the opposite way. Jump and land in the opposite position.
All of these seem to be helpful in training lower body strength in different stabilizing ways.
Is this Evgenia? It looks like her. Does anyone know for sure?
Veggie noodles are the BOMB. Cooked or raw, they’re awesome in “pasta” recipes and salads.
I have a feeling this just made the top of my wish list, lol. WANT. HARD.
Cutter deets here.
How to spiralize veggies without a cutter via Oh She Glows
NEED THIS IN MY LIFE.
Yes please :)
GymPact is a highly useful iPhone/Android app that motivates users to healthier lives by providing a financial incentive to working out.