Flash DANCE Friday!
Photos of Concordia’s 2007 Dance Ensemble Concert.
Campfire Meals: Easy Breakfast Tacos
- meats of your choice
- veggies of your choice
- olive or veggie oil
- disposable grilling pans
- tongs and oven mitt
- knife and cutting board
- cast iron skillet
- metal spatula
- aluminum foil
- Start your campfire.
- While fire is catching, chop or slice potatoes (we used red potatoes). Chopping into bite-sized chunks is better for use in tacos, though slicing normally creates crispier potatoes, great for a side dish.
- Dump potatoes into a grilling pan and drizzle oil over them. Sprinkle spices on top.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and carefully shake to distribute oil.
- Place covered potatoes over fire.
- Next, it’s time for eggs. Pour a little oil into the cast iron skillet and tilt around to distribute over bottom of pan.
- Either crack eggs directly into skillet or into a cup (which means you can scramble them, whisk in milk or cheese or veggies, etc. in the cup) and use the spatula to scramble. Campfires cook fast, so stay nearby.
- Dump finished eggs into another grilling pan and set aside (or in a cooler area of the campfire so they don’t get overcooked).
- For the meats, either cook in the skillet as well or lay directly on the campfire grill.
- Warm tortillas over the fire, mix everything together in said tortilla, add cheese or additional toppings.
One of my friends asked what the ‘silly new workout trend that women like to do’ is these days. Everyone jumped in and mentioned ‘hot yoga’, ‘pole dancing’, ‘zumba’, etc.
Hold the fuck up there, buddy.
"Hot yoga" or BIkram yoga is effective and good for you. It’s hot, yes. But it’s a legitimate form of yoga and exercise.
Pole dancing lets a woman feel sexy while working out, and also greatly improves core and upper body strength. You think it’s easy to suspend yourself from the pole like some of those women do? Get your ass up there and try.
Zumba is incorporating dance into your cardio workout. It’s fun and a nice break from running and lifting.
Don’t go knocking the way certain people choose to exercise just because you think it’s silly. I bet if he (and it was a man that said this) thinks it looks silly doesn’t mean it isn’t effective and fun.
Preach! However you workout is okay, as long as you enjoy it.
What I learned about myself:
- I hate working out at the gym
- I don’t like salad
- Ice cream, pizza, chocolate, chips and pasta are my favourite things
- My hair looks better when it’s actually alive
- I like food and love baking it
- I love going on walks
What it got me:
- STRONG HAIR
- A boyfriend
What I’m proud of:
- I didn’t work out in any way during recovery
- I don’t eat “clean” or “protein based”. I eat everything in moderation.
- Mastering the skill of licking the dough bowl
- Cooking meals without holding back on oil or things that have fats in them
No I am not eating 100% “healthy” according to beauty standards. I do, however, eat healthy for a mind like mine. I eat things I crave. If you trust your cravings it will get you closer to eating something healthily than to force it on yourself. It will also keep your mind happier, your body satisfies and your whole being, healthy. I’m far from mentally recovered (I still see myself as a fat blob) but I reached my healthy weight without working out, I haven’t eaten so called “clean” and I wasn’t obsessed with protein. Still I have muscle. No I will not go “hit the gym twice a week”. I wouldn’t like it. I would HATE it. I do not want to be “toned” so I can be “happy”. I’m far from happy. But I know I will be when I can accept the way that I am, without having to study labels or work out. I will be happy when I feel safe and confident with who I am.
(✿ﾉ◡‿◡)ﾉ *:･ﾟ✧*:･ﾟ✧ reminder that if u can’t get out of bed today that’s okay and if u feel like crying on public transportation that’s okay and if u got a bad mark on a test that’s okay because there are still so many forests to explore and cities to get lost in and dogs to pet and u are only a small star in a big universe and u are doing so well
Dorothee Gilbert masterclass
MY LIFE ENDED WHEN THIS WAS DELETED OFF YOUTUBE BRING IT BACK